- FEKO - An Altair Product
In 1994, after completing their PhDs at the University of Stellenbosch, Gronum Smith and Frans Meyer established EM Software & Systems, a company consulting in electromagnetics. EMSS quickly identified the local and international need for the simulation of antennas on electrically large platforms. A hybrid solution between the accurate method of moments and asymptotic high frequency techniques promised to be an elegant and practical solution. Cooperation between EMSS and Ulrich Jakobus, who did research on these hybrid techniques at the University of Stuttgart, followed and resulted in the commercial code FEKO.
In the early 2000s EMSS offices were established in the USA, Germany and later in China. In 2003 the South African company split into three entities:
- EM Software & Systems–S.A., focusing on the development of FEKO
- EMSS Consulting, which provides equipment, software and services for the establishment and maintenance of RF safety compliance at mobile network sites
- EMSS Antennas, for R&D on advanced antennas, e.g. the Square Kilometer Array
In 2014, EM Software & Systems–S.A. closed a deal with Altair, with Altair acquiring 100% of the company and its international distributor offices in the United States, Germany, and China. This development will see FEKO eventually being added to the HyperWorks® suite.
Coincidentally, this agreement was concluded shortly after the 20th year celebration of EMSS! The operations of EMSS Consulting and EMSS Antennas are unaffected by the Altair transaction and will continue with their business as usual.
- Web News
- Winner Announced for the 2015 FEKO Student Competition (Fiona Richardson) Dec 03, 2015
- Release of Optenni Lab 3.1 (Fiona Richardson) Apr 17, 2015
- Showcasing Talent with the FEKO Student Competition (Fiona Richardson) Mar 30, 2015
- FEKO Suite 7.0.2 Feature Update (Fiona Richardson) May 15, 2015
- Winner Announced for the 2014 FEKO Student Competition (Ms Madele van der Walt) Dec 10, 2014
- Antenna Magus News
Antenna Magus News
- Antenna Magus News
- Release of Antenna Magus 5.4 (Fiona Richardson) Jun 02, 2015
- Release of Antenna Magus 5.2 (Fiona Richardson) Dec 17, 2014
- Release of Antenna Magus 5.1 (Mr Gronum Smith) Nov 12, 2014
- Release of Antenna Magus 5.0 (Fiona Richardson) Jul 03, 2014
- Release of Antenna Magus 4.5 (Ms Madele van der Walt) Oct 24, 2013
- Contacts Landing Page Frame
- Exhibitions, Training, Events
Exhibitions, Training, Events
Visit the HyperWorks website for details of events and conferences where FEKO will be exhibiting.
- No items yet.
- Student Competition Frame
The FEKO student competition is an annual event that is open to entry for all students who use FEKO as part of their academic work. More information...