Certain user interface components of the FEKO Suite (hereinafter referred to as the “Software”) have an integrated error reporting facility which is invoked in case of crashes of the Software. The user (referred to as “you” in the following) can decide to ignore such error reports or to submit them to Altair (hereinafter referred to as “us” or “we”) in order to help to improve the program.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you elect to send us an error report.
The information includes:
- Crash description XML file (crashrpt.xml) containing the basic information about the crash (Software name and version, resource usage parameters, your operating system type and version, your country and language settings, graphics card make and model). You may optionally enter your e-mail address and short problem description. This information is also included in the crash description XML file. Your FEKO licence number will also be included in this file.
- Crash minidump file (crashdump.dmp) which contains technical information about the exception in the Software (processor information, operating system version, process and thread information, stack traces for each thread of the Software, the list of loaded modules).
- The log file (located in %APPDATA%\feko) that is generated by the Software. Note: The log file contains a list of operations and the data associated with those operations (for example, the dimensions of geometry primitives) that you performed while constructing your model or analysing your results. When working with confidential models, do not send the report to us, rather contact our FEKO Support Team.
- Any additional files that you chose to attach to the report.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve the Software (we continually strive to improve the Software based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- If you provided your e-mail address, we may use the information to contact you to either get more information about the problem, or to keep you updated as to its status.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Also note that all models that are attached to the crash report will be deemed non-confidential and may be submitted to third parties in order to try and resolve the problem.