- Optenni Lab
An important task for an antenna design engineer is to ensure that technical specifications are met for antenna bandwidth and efficiency. This can be achieved through physical changes to the antenna or by using a matching circuit. Optenni Lab provides fully automatic matching circuit generation and optimization routines. The user only needs to specify the desired frequency range and number of components in the matching circuit after which Optenni Lab provides a choice of optimized matching circuit topologies. Optenni Lab uses accurate inductor and capacitor models from major component manufacturers and a fast tolerance analysis to ensure that the manufactured matching circuits will meet the design criteria, making it an ideal tool to compliment FEKO.
Optenni Lab in the Design Cycle
A typical antenna design process can be visualised with the following flow-chart.
The process shown above is automated with the Optenni Lab: Port Matching macro found in CADFEKO under the Application Macro menu: the simulated S-parameter response is automatically sent to Optenni Lab in Touchstone format, once the matching network has been design it is added to the CADFEKO model as a non-radiating network.
Distribution and Technical Support
Optenni Lab is a product of Optenni Ltd and is available through the global FEKO sales network.
A free 30 day evaluation version of Optenni Lab can be requested from the Optenni Lab download area.
- Additional Information on Optenni Lab
- Characteristic Modes and Antenna Bandwidth (Ms Madele van der Walt) Nov 03, 2014
- Designing an Impedance Matched Antenna: FEKO and Optenni Lab (Mr Gronum Smith) Mar 27, 2015
- DVB Antenna Design and Matching with Antenna Magus, Optenni Lab and FEKO (Mr Ernst Burger) Oct 03, 2013
- Easy-to-use Simultaneous Multiport Matching in Optenni Lab 2.0 (Fiona Richardson) Apr 10, 2013
- Improved Workflow Automation Between FEKO and Optenni Lab (Mr Peter Futter) Jan 06, 2014
- Matching circuit design with FEKO and Optenni Lab (Mr Ernst Burger) Jun 07, 2013
- Optenni Lab Brochure (Fiona Richardson) Mar 10, 2015
- Optenni Lab now available through FEKO distribution and support network (Mr Gronum Smith) Jan 30, 2013
- Release of Optenni Lab 3.0 (Fiona Richardson) Jul 10, 2014
- Release of Optenni Lab 3.1 (Fiona Richardson) Apr 17, 2015
- Wireless Antenna Design and Compliance (Mr Gronum Smith) Mar 27, 2015